Sunday, September 9, 2012

Iced Mocha with Don Collins 100% Puerto Rican fresh ground coffee

My mother recently bougth one of those small blenders like the magic bullet kind of thing because of their compact size and efficency when it comes to get the job done. This time I just want to make a small confession, I'm not a coffee person, honestly. But since I've been studying Industrial Design I've found myself on sleepless nights and awful mornings. I started drinking coffee from time to time to avoid a chronic addiction to the beverage but at the end it was kind of inevitable. 

At Don Collins Cigars we have the finest Puertorican cigars and rums, but also the FINEST coffee. The price compare to starbucks for example its 3/4 the price of a less than a pound bag, for a 1 pound bag of Puertorican gourmet coffee and  since I am aware of that I started to ground my coffee beans at home and have every morning what every body should be having, THE BEST COFFE IN THE WORLD!

And I will share the way I like it.

Iced Mocha with Don Collins Fresh Gound Coffee!:

-Take a handfull of beans and grind them till the feel like soft sand( not soft as powder, but not as whole as regular sugar). This actually makes a huge difference on the strengh of your coffee, the more you grind it the stronger it gets. 

-Brew your coffee( I use a regular Italian coffee pot)

-Meanwhile put milk on your blender and give it a nice spin until it get kind of bubbly like fresh beer. Put a quarter of a cup of that milk in the microwave for like 45 seconds( don't let it raise to the en of the cup)

Then on the milk:

-2 tablespoons of brown sugar

-2 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder 

-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla 

-Add coffee to desire color and give it a spin to mix it up 

- Get a resonable amount of ice to the amount of coffee, like 2 cups of ice for each cup of coffee.

-Mix everything together, with the blender. 

Add some whipped cream and chocolate syrup if desired. 

Enjoy and put starbucks at the end of you list!



Check This Out! 

3 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic looking, well written Blog... thanks for putting something up about the company...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-read this blog... nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please make sure the guys in the office see this and coment !

    ReplyDelete